In 2023, I will be participating in the Cruisin’ thri the Cozies Reading Challenge 2023 hosted by Socrates’ Book Reviews.
Here are the rules…
1. The challenge runs from January 1, 2023 and ends December 31, 2023.
2. You don’t have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
3. Books can be in any format – paper, audio, ebooks…it all counts!
4. You don’t have to post a review, but I’m sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don’t have a blog and want to participate, that’s fine. You don’t have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that’s fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up here.
5. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
6. I’m going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won’t be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
This year’s cozy mystery reading challenge has two ways to participate and you can choose whichever suits you the best:
A) Read only cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book from these sub-genres:
– One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
– One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
– One from craft related (any kind of hobbies – knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
– One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
– One from cozy mysteries based outside the US (example: Belinda Lawrence series (British))
– One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
– One holiday based (set during any holiday – Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
– One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
– One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
– One is your choice! (freebie!)
Here are the levels you can join for either A or B…
Level one (Snoop) –
A) Read 10 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read one book in each of the above cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
Level two (Investigator) –
A) Read 20 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) –
A) Read 30 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B) Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) –
A)Read 40 cozy mysteries of your choice.
B)Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books
This year, I shall be participating in Level 2 (Investigator).th al Dente by Leslie Budewitz
- CULINARY –
2. CULINARY –
3. ANIMAL-RELATED –
4. ANIMAL-RELATED –
5. CRAFT-RELATED –
6. CRAFT-RELATED –
7. PARANORMAL –
8. PARANORMAL –
9. CAREER-BASED –
11. OUTSIDE USA –
12. OUTSIDE USA –
13. HOLIDAY-THEMED –
14. HOLIDAY-THEMED –
15. TRAVEL-THEMED –
17. HISTORICAL –
18. HISTORICAL –
19. WILD CARD –
20. WILD CARD –
2 Replies to “Cruisin’ thru the Cozies 2023”
Thank you for joining the challenge. Good luck in 2023!
Thank you, kindly!
LikeLiked by 1 person